What is Online Charging System (OCS)?
The OCS stands for the online rating for Service Providers e.g. Telecom Operators who would like to rate online voice, SMS, USSD, data and other services. Service Providers: MNO, MVNO, IoT can offer PrePaid, cost control and manage fraud risk. As the telecom services are growing at fast pace, the business model of the operator has slowly shifted from communications-centric to service-centric. Due to the fact operators have shifted to the new charging system that supports different charging modes such as content-based charging and volume-based charging. With new online charging system, CSP provides users with real-time control of chargeable services.
OCS is communication tool which can be utilized by Service Provider to charge a user for providing services in real-time. The OCS handles subscribers account balance, rating, billing deal control, and correlation. A telecom operator ensures that credit limits are enforced and resources are authorized on a per deal basis with all the OCS. Previously the traditional offline charging system only used to collect charging information CDRs after a service is rendered and couldn’t prevent the huge revenue loss caused by service overdraft. Online charging capabilities provided by Intelligent Network (IN), is very popular in telecom industry but features poor market adaptability. The traditional online charging systems charge the customer after an ongoing solution is rendered, whereas the OCS charges as services are rendered. OCS is more versatile than smart Network (IN) solutions.
Due to some technical limitations, the old IN system cannot provide the same perks to prepaid users as enjoyed by postpaid users. As from longtime prepaid users demanded of the same services, the new online charging system was formulated. OCS system provides users with greater pricing flexibility.
7 Advantages of OCS That Your boss Should Know:
1. Supportive of Prepaid Services
2. Attracts Customers
3. Increased Risk Management
4. Enhanced Customer Loyalty
5. Better opportunities to optimize network structure
6. Meet industrial revolution trend
7. OVOOcado – The leading Telecom Services Provider:
Key Features of OVOOcado OCS
- True real-time capability, with well-proven dedicated mechanisms, slicing/reservation, multiple concurrent sessions, a short latency time
- For Prepaid and Postpaid subscribers supporting Cost Control and Fraud detection use cases
- Real Convergence.
- Multiple charging interfaces
- Extreme flexibility through state-of-the-art decision tree rules technologies
- x86 architecture with a very small footprint
- Scalability and reliability,
- Hybrid deployment model
- True multi-tenancy
- Pre-integrated with OVOOcado Mediation and Value Added Services